Thursday, July 20, 2017

After having my morning devotion, I write this message.

This morning I read and heard Psalm 16, 21, 33, 117, and 121.

With Psalm 117, I praised God and thanked God's unfailing love;  "Praise the LORD, all you nations! Extol him, all you peoples!  For great is his steadfast love toward us, and the faithfulness of the LORD endures forever. Praise the LORD."

During quiet meditation,  I heard God's gentle and assured voice with Psalm 16 especially 10-11. 
"For you do not give up to Sheol or let your faithful one see the Pit.  You show me the path of life.  In your presence, there is fullness of joy; in your right hand are pleasures forevermore."

I remembered each and all of WUMC members and new comers in my morning prayers.  I had very busy ministry schedule during last two weeks:  serving the meal at Bristol's Lodge,  attending Adult Bible Camp, visiting church members,  meeting with church members,  communicating church members via telephone, email, i-message.  

Each week, I think, I am making amazing progress to match your names and your beautiful faces. Please continue to have your name tags on Sunday morning.  

You will find the invitation to "Five Practices of Fruitful Congregations" in the Sunday bulletin beginning this Sunday. It is five weeks (5 Sundays) Small Group Study.   I encourage and invite you to join the first small group study with your new pastor.  

For those who missed Sunday service on July 16th,  Myung and I are faithful (since 1991) fans of Red Sox.  Let's continue to pray for each other and WUMC, beloved community of faith.  And let's continue to grow in faith.

Pastor Oh

No comments:

Post a Comment