- It is initiated and carried out by women in more than 170 countries and regions.
- It is symbolized by an annual day of celebration observed on the first Friday in March to which all people are welcome.
- It brings women of different races, cultures and traditions together in fellowship, understanding and action throughout the year.
- Through World Day of Prayer, women affirm that prayer and action are inseparable and have immeasurable influence in the world.
- The motto of World Day of Prayer is "Informed Prayer and Prayerful Action."
Sunday, February 26, 2017
Please join us at the Weston United Methodist Church on
Friday 3 March at 12:00pm
to celebrate the World Day of Prayer
World Day of Prayer is a worldwide, ecumenical movement of Christian women of many traditions who come together to observe a common day of prayer each year, and who, in many countries, have a continuing relationship in prayer and service.
Wednesday, February 15, 2017
“I believe that God will give us all the strength we need…But he never gives it to us in advance, lest we should rely on ourselves and not on him.”
~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Sunday Scripture: Genesis 28: 10-22
Sermon: “What Kind of Believer are You?”
Announcements and Coming Events!
Lenten Study; Sunday Evenings beginning Sunday, March 5, and concluding Sunday, April 9. Adam Hamilton’s book, Creed, which looks at the Apostle’s Creed in six segments will be the focus. Each week we will start at 5:00 pm with dinner and conclude at 7:00 pm. The study will meet in the Parlor and will be led by Rev. Melius. For a copy of the book, please see Rev. Melius.
Thursday, February 9, 2017
Thursday, February 2, 2017
“Music comes from an icicle as it melts to live again as spring water.”
Sunday Scripture: Matthew 25: 31-46
Announcements and Upcoming Events!
Community Dinner - Wednesday, Feb. 8th at 6:00pm in the Parish Hall.
All are welcome. Invite a friend!
Bible Study: Monday Evenings and the Tuesday Mornings - Study groups have just begun reading WilliamBarclay’s study guide to the Gospel of Matthew. Please join us.
- Monday Evening: 7:00 pm in the Parlor. We begin with dinner, and the study concludes at 9:00 pm.
- Tuesday Morning: 10:30 - 12:00 in the Parlor
Both classes are led by Rev. Melius.