There's a lot going on at the
1. Five Practices of Fruitful Congregation: Small Group Study
Pastor Oh invites All to the “Passionate Worship” session . Small Group Study (90 minute session) will begin around
2. God’s Blessing Station, Outreaching ministry upcoming dates/times:
Dates: Wednesday, October 11 and Monday, October 30
3. Invitation to Fruitful dialogue and a Christian holy conversation with Pastor Oh
Pastor Jung Sun Oh would like to meet with, and listen to church members who would like to share his/her concerns especially caused by changes at WUMC. With an open mind, and heart, Pastor will listen to your thoughts and opinions. He can meet you in Pastor's office or your house or other place. If you wish to make an appointment, please call the Church office or send email to Shari.
4. Saturday, October 7th is the Fall Church Work Day. See the October BEAMS for all the details. Work begins at and will go until the work is finished. More hands make less work for everyone.
5. Coffee Hosts
Coffee hosts are needed for the month of October. Please sign up in the Narthex.
6. Volunteers for Morning Greeters
We are looking for volunteers to be greeters before the service each week. Please sign up in the Narthex on the Greeters signup sheet if you would like to greet people as they arrive for church. Please be here 15 minutes prior to the start of the service.
Continue to pray for the people impacted by Hurricane Harvey and all those responding to their cry for help. Through our denomination's United Methodist Committee on Relief, YOU can make a difference, immediately, by donating online at http://www.umcor.org/Search-
for-Projects/Projects/901670, where 100% of your donation will help survivors recover. Alternatively, you may write a check payable to WUMC with memo "US Disaster Response" or write that on an envelope with cash, and place it in the offering plate today or in the coming weeks. For more info, see: http://www.neumc.org/ disasterresponsenews
8. Our next serving day at Bristol Lodge Soup Kitchen in Waltham is .
Please sign up during Coffee Hour on the two sheets in Parish Hall to contribute one or more food items and/or to assist with reheating or serving the meal.
9. Installation Service and Fellowship
Myung and Pastor Oh (with their children Esther, Aiden, and Becky) deeply appreciate your preparation, participation, and prayers for the Installation service and fellowship. Pastor Oh’s family gives thanks to God and WUMC members. WUMC presented a Bible, Water, the Bread and Cup, a Hymnal and Book of Worship, a Book of Discipline, a Globe, and a Stole to Pastor Jung Sun Oh.
10. Stewardship Campaign Committee 2017 (Previously known as Finance Campaign Committee)
Pastor Oh, Joe Kerr, Nancy Mack, and Bob Hicks will begin the Stewardship Campaign 2017 with God’s guidance, blessings and your support.
11. Worship committee at WUMC
Pastor Jung Sun and church council will begin the process of adding a worship committee to WUMC. The Worship committee will develop a "Biblically faithful and Culturally Relevant United Methodist service." for WUMC.