Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Do not fear, for I have redeemed you.  I have called you by name.  When you pass through the waters, I will be with you.... Because you are precious in my sight and honored and I love you (Isaiah 43:1-4).

Beloved sisters and brothers in Christ at WUMC.  With gratitude and thanksgiving, I share this story with you.   This is an amazing story of God's Blessing Station outreaching ministry.  When Carole, Joe and I arrived at the Lincoln Rail Commuter Station parking lot around 5: 30 p.m. last Friday (September 8), a person approached us and asked for help.  After listening to her, I introduced myself and gave her my name card (with WUMC church name and address).   Carole and Joe also introduced themselves and greeted her with a beautiful smile.  She, then, asked us "Are you from Church?" We replied to her. "Yes.  We are from the Weston United Methodist Church in Weston."  Then she responded with a beautiful smile and shared her needs with us.   We also talked to her brother over the phone.  Her brother asked me to baptize, and eventually accept her as a WUMC member.  I promised her brother I would.   Carole and Joe helped her on Friday evening and brought her to church on Sunday morning.  She worshiped with us at WUMC.  She will continue to worship with us every Sunday. 

Friends!  On our third day of God's Blessing Station ministry, God sent a beloved God's child to WUMC, a beloved community, and asked us to love, care and live with her.   I will start "the process to become a WUMC member" with her. I am asking you all to continue to welcome her and pray for her and her family.  Let's continue to carry on God's Blessing Station outreaching ministry with deep gratitude and thanksgiving.   Thank you for your prayers, support, and participation.  

And let's continue to remember the scripture, "... and generous hearts, praising God and having the goodwill of all the people.  And day by day the Lord added to their number those who were being saved." (Acts 2:47).   God adds numbers!  God will continue to send God's children to WUMC through God's Blessing Station outreaching ministry.  We believe in God who is who was and who is to come, the Almighty. (Revelation 1:8).


No comments:

Post a Comment