Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Dear beloved sisters and brothers of WUMC
(August 2, 2017)

Greeting

I returned home from Taize on Monday July 31st.   Once again thank you for your continuing prayers during my Taize Pilgrimage (July 21-31).  I have experienced “Steadfast love and Faithfulness of the LORD” (Psalm 117) during three daily prayer services, Bible introduction, and small group discussion.  With thanksgiving and joyful heart I pursued and mediated the three key elements of Taize spirituality:  Simplicity, Joy, Mercy.   Singing Taize songs, listening to Bible lessons,  meditating, and working with other pilgrims helped me experience the presence of the living God through Christ Jesus.  On my return trip to Boston, I felt refreshed, reformed, rejuvenated with my body, emotion, and spirit. I hope and pray that youths, young adults, and adults of WUMC join Taize pilgrimage next year. 

My sermon title of Sunday, August 6th is “Day by Day.”   Scripture readings are Matthew 11:25-30 and Acts 2: 37-47.  I have been preparing the sermon with Bible listening and reading, meditation, singing Taize songs, and prayers in the morning.   I believe that God who added numbers to the first church on earth (Acts 2) will continue to add or send new comers to WUMC.  I also believe that sisters and brothers of WUMC will continue to listen to God’s voice and follow the path and way Christ Jesus showed WUMC, the beloved community.

I would like to share the information of Church Summer Party on Sunday, August 13th. We will enjoy Summer Party at the church yard immediately after Sunday service.  We will eat hot dogs, marsh mellows, and other delicious and healthy foods. 

Jesus loved to eat meals with people.  As Acts chapter 2 shows, Christian fellowship especially table fellowship has always been a crucial part of church life through the history.   And John Wesley, the founder of Methodist movement in England also emphasized the importance of fellowship among believers, Methodists.  

Beloved sisters and brothers in Christ Jesus!
I will continue to remember each one of you and your family in my daily prayers.  Are you and your family are in town? 

Please join and celebrate communion Sunday.  "Day by day, as they spent much time together in the temple.... praising God and having the goodwill of all the people.  And day by day the Lord added to their numbers those who were being saved" (Acts 2: 46-47).

Have a blessed day and week.     Peace.  Pastor Oh

No comments:

Post a Comment