Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Dear beloved sisters and brothers of WUMC

A Blessed Morning and Day!

With Psalmist I praised our living God and prayed to God this morning:  “I love you, O LORD, my strength.  The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer, my God, my rock whom in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.  I call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised, so I shall be saved from my enemies.” (Psalm 18: 1-3)

“O give thanks to the LORD, for he is good, his steadfast love endures forever…. I thank you that you have answered me and have become my salvation.” (Psalm 118:1, 21)

First, I would like to invite you, your family, your friends, and neighbors to WUMC’s Summer Party this Sunday.   We will enjoy fellowship with party foods:  1) Hot dogs with catsup, mustard, relish, and chopped onion for the dogs and potato chips.  Yes, we will roast hot dogs on the fire. 2) S’mores with graham crackers, Hershey bars, and marshmallows. 3)  Baked beans. 4) Side dishes.  5) Watermelon.  

If you want to bring more party foods, please do so.  Jesus loved his family, friends, and table fellowship. In his Parable of the Wedding Banquet (Matthew 22:1-10), Jesus talked about one of the most important elements of Christian living of the community of faith.   We, Christian believers, should go and invite people in the streets to the wedding banquet which is the Kingdom of heaven. 

Friends!  Invite your family, friends, and neighbors to WUMC’s Summer Party.   We will see and taste the Kingdom of God as we are enjoying our conversation and foods.  We will meet and greet God’s people at the sanctuary of WUMC and parsonage yard as well.

Second, my sermon title of Sunday, August 13th is “Party.”   Scriptures are Matthew 22: 1-14 and Acts 2: 37-47.    Third, I will wear Red Sox Shirt and Red Sox Hat.    As I shared with you, Myung and I are faithful Boston Red Sox fans.   If you are New York Yankees fans, please have Yankees Shirt and Hat.   We respect our differences! 

Let’s have a beautiful and blessed Sunday worship service and a joyous Summer Party.    Please join the fun party.  The Living God will continue to bless each one of us, our family, and the beloved community of faith, Weston UMC.

Pastor Oh


No comments:

Post a Comment